Do you wish your teeth were a little whiter? Aging and stains from foods, beverages, and tobacco products can all make it challenging to maintain a bright, white smile. Fortunately, cosmetic dentistry services and treatments offered by your dentists at CenterCare Dental Group in Phoenix, AZ, can improve the appearance of your smile.
Ways to Brighten Your Smile
These five tips can help you brighten your smile:
- Stay Away from the Dark Stuff: Some foods and beverages deposit dark pigments in the microscopic pores in your tooth enamel. Coffee, tea, red wine, cola, dark berries, candy, sports drinks, and soy sauce are common culprits. Limiting these foods and beverages can help you reduce stains.
- Use a Straw: Staying away from coffee and tea isn’t practical for many people who rely on caffeine to start their days. Luckily, you can reduce stains on your teeth from these beverages simply by using a straw.
- Try Whitening Products: Whitening toothpaste may help reduce stains on your teeth, but it probably won’t lighten your smile dramatically. Over-the-counter whiteners can be helpful but can take a long time to work or might not produce the desired results.
- Give Professional Whitening a Try: Your Phoenix dentists can help you get rid of dental stains in just about an hour with professional teeth whitening. Your dentists use a whitening gel that contains higher formulations of hydrogen peroxide than over-the-counter whiteners for more impressive results. Hydrogen peroxide breaks apart and removes stain-causing pigments, whitening your teeth by three to eight shades. Your results will last several years but can be extended if you avoid foods and beverages that contain dark pigments.
- Cover Stains with Dental Veneers: Veneers are the cosmetic dentistry solution that both famous and not-so-famous people turn to improve the whiteness of their smiles. The thin, tooth-shaped plastic or porcelain shells are affixed to your teeth with dental cement. Veneer preparation is minimal and may only require removal of a tiny amount of tooth enamel in some cases. Veneers are stain-resistant and available in nearly any shade of white imaginable. With proper care, your veneers can last 15 to 20 years or longer.
Whiten your smile with cosmetic dentistry treatments and services! Call your CenterCare Dental Group dentists in Phoenix, AZ, at (602) 671-3956 to schedule an appointment.